News, Events & Seminars
The center hosts a seminar series "Seminars in Infection & Immunity" in the fall and spring semesters. We also hold annual overnight retreat. We welcome the members' suggestions for events, workshops and special seminars.
- Dr. Margaret Bynoe received the 2017 Schwartz Award (here).
- Dr. Gary Whittaker was interviewed by WHO about the Zika virus (here).
- Dr. Judith Appleton and lead author Lu Huang discuss their latest work in the Cornell Chronicle about how eosinophils help worms extract nutrients from the body.
- 2017 Retreat: April 28 - 29 at Greak Peak Mountain Resort, Cortland, NY.
Other Past Events
- Retreat 2013: Oct. 4 -5 at the Ramada
Geneva Lakefront, Geneva, NY.
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Brian Rudd, Assistant Professor of Immunology
- Retreat 2011: Sept. 16-17 at the Holiday
Inn Auburn/Finger Lakes, Auburn, NY.
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Eric Rubin, Professor of Immunology & Infectious Diseases,
Harvard School of Public Health
- Retreat 2010: Oct. 1-2 at the Owego
Treadway Inn & Conference Center.
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Avery August, Ph.D., Cornell University
- Retreat 2009: April 17-18 at the Watkins
Glen Harbor Hotel, Watkins Glen,NY.
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Slobodan Paessler, Ph.D., University of Texas Medical Branch
- Scientific Writing Workshops
- Supervisory Training Workshops for Graduate Students & Postdocs
- Dr. Cynthia Leifer was honored at the 2015 Society for Leukocyte Biology Meeting with the Dolph O. Adams Award for Excellence in Leukocyte Biology Research (read more).
- Dr. David Russell will be one of the presenters at the Cell Press Webinar "Phagocytes In Homeostasis and Inflammation" on May 6th. (here)
- Dr. David Russell has been appointed to the International Scientific Advisory Committee of the Institute of Infectious Disease and Molecular Medicine, University of Cape Town, South Africa.
- Dr. Avery August won the 2016 Ruth Kirschstein Diversity in Science Award (read more)
- Dr. Brian Rudd's research seeks better ways to strengthen newborn immune system memories.
- Dr. Gary Whittaker's discovery opens the gates to developing the first working diagnostics, vaccines, and treatments for FIP.
- Dr. David Russell's new paper in Cellular Microbiology is the Editor's Choice for June.
Susan Daniel was awarded the Alice H. & Constance E.
Cook Award. This award is given to individuals who deserve
recognition for their commitment to women's issues along with
their contributions for changing the climate for women at Cornell.
Read more at: http://www.news.cornell.edu/stories/2015/03/12-earn-cook-awards-improving-campus-climate-women